My Account was hacked and now Paypal put limits on my account!!!

jonlastimosa
Contributor
Contributor

Help! 

I was doing fine with Paypal until it was recently hacked on March 26, 2017 - April 4, 2017 which gives my account some limitations. I was appalled to see my account having a negative value.

I wasn't able to receive any notifications from Paypal because the hacker also puts a filter on my Gmail(which he also has gained access) to immediately delete any Paypal emails. I was only able to open paypal.com on April 13 when someone told that he has sent money to my PayPal account. I've contact Paypal a million times and reported the problem in the Resolution Center.

On April 15, it seems that my funds are back but I still can't withdraw them or purchase from eBay.

Paypal has required me to Resolve my problem by going to the Resolution Center and checking the limitation review.

I tried to resolve them one by one but it seems impossible like Providing Invoices because it was an unauthorized transaction. How can I provide an invoice for something I didn't transact?

My account used to be personal but was changed to business because one of my friends wants to use the Recurring Payment options and there was no option to downgrade it except by emailing them which I tried and they never did.

I'm hopeless. I think my remaining money will be lost in Paypal. I've been with PayPal for almost a decade now and I guess it's time to stop using it if my account limitations are not removed.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.