Is it safe to add PayPal account with Empowr.com?

Aparup
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All,

Recently I signed up with < removed by moderator >(I don't know if it is a scam or not, as I am getting mixed reports) and I am nearing the maturity period for a cash-out. Empowr.com is repeatedly asking me to link my PayPal account as a mode of cash-out and to verify / authorize it. Now, when I click on the "Authorize / Agree" button, a page pops up and it redirects me to login page of PayPal where I need to sign-in. This page seems authentic login-page of PayPal (it starts with https:, has a lock-sign and reads PayPal, Inc. [US]). Still, with a doubt in my mind and with the intention of not disclosing my PayPal password in any page displayed by any third-party site, I didn't try to log-in to PayPal using that page, as an added safety measure.

What did I do instead is as follows;

(i) I signed out of Empowr.com.

(ii) Opened PayPal in a new tab.

(iii) Closed the tab containing Empowr.com.

(iv) Signed-in to PayPal.

(v) Opened Empowr.com in a new tab.

(vi) Logged in to Empowr.com.

(vii) Tried the "Authorize / Agree" button in Empowr.com again to link PayPal, hoping that this time I won't have to log-in using that doubtful pop-up login page of PayPal, since the site / browser will automatically detect that I am already signed in to PayPal (which normally is the case with any other site). But this didn't happen and Empowr.com kept asking me to sign-in with PayPal using that very page, despite the fact that I was already signed-in to PayPal in another tab. So, with more doubt in my mind, I stopped trying it and thought to ask PayPal for help.

Now my questions are;

(i) Is it safe to add PayPal account with Empowr? 

(ii) If Empowr.com is safe, then is it safe to use the page displayed by them to log in to PayPal?

(iii) Should the page displayed by Empowr.com ask me to log in again with PayPal if I am already logged in to PayPal in another tab? Is it normal?

(iv) Has anybody ever received a cash-out from Empowr.com into his/her PayPal account? I don't want the details, but just a yes or a no. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aparup Mukherjee

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Touyara
New Community Member
Hi I don't know if you did link your PayPal account to empowr already or not, I have some experiences - on PayPal there are some sections which it would show you the third party connect to your PayPal , they will charge you every time that you make a transaction then it is pretty clear and you can check the record any time, including eBay, Facebook ads.... BUT NOT EMPOWR!!!!!! - empowr knows that PayPal has a payment plan system (and I think PayPal didn't show it clearly and I think PayPal need it to be like that) and I guess most of us don't know it!!, I had a case which after I unsubscribed empowr package (, after I did one package before around 100$,) after a month it sent me a bill for 91$!, I tried to find out how can they charge me even I didn't have a package on empowr!!!!! That was a f**king cheating, I called PayPal and I checked every corners of PayPal.... Finally I realized that I was in the game that I would had no chances to win because the referee was not in my side from the beginning..... I didn't say PayPal opens a chance to let empowr to tricked me, but because of empowr knows PayPal well and better than me... and don't use empowr!
Login to Me Too

lolalolalo
Contributor
Contributor

i have signed up with empowr for three days and they have already taken small amounts out of my paypal amount for virtual ads that were never used without notifying me. I found out about it last night. I immediately changed my paypal password and found where the automatic payment set up was in paypal website and cancelled it. I hope i am safe now. Beware of empowr, it isnt safe.

Login to Me Too

Engela
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.