providing credit card verification codes

Clueless_codes
New Community Member

As a new member of Paypal I was informed I would be charged $1.95 on my credit card to prove that charges to that card would be valid and paid. I was apparently too late to get the verification code and lost my chance to buy an ebay item. However in an attempt to be able to try to by a similar item again I did get the code paypal requested but cannot find a place to post it. Why is that?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Here's the response from PayPal's Help Center...

How do I confirm a debit or credit card that I've linked to my PayPal account?

After you’ve added your card number, you'll need to confirm that you own the card.  Here’s how:

Authorize PayPal to send a code to you

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
       2. Click Profile.
       3. Click Credit/Debit Cards under Financial Information.
       4. Click Link and Confirm My Card.
       5. Click Save and Continue.

Locate the charge and a code on your card statement

* PayPal will charge $1.95 to your card. (Once you have confirmed your card, this amount is refunded to your PayPal account immediately or to your card within 30 days.)

* The charge appears on your debit or credit card statement with a 4-digit code and the word PAYPAL. If you view your card statements online, you can check for the code in a few days. Otherwise, check for the code when you receive your next statement in the mail.

Confirm your card by entering the code

1. Have your 4-digit PayPal code ready.
       2. Log in to your PayPal account.
       3. Click Profile.
       4. Click Credit/Debit Cards under Financial Information.
       5. Click Link and Confirm My Card.
       6. Enter the 4-digit PayPal code.
       7. Click Submit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.