partial refund paypal fees

p8ches1622
New Community Member

I hope someone can help me. i sold some item to several people and charged shipping, come to find out shipping should have not been charged. So I went to do a partial refund on the shipping, which was on average 1.20 without pp fees. with pp fees it should be 1.54. When I actually did the refund, it said that the paypal fees were only .4 cents for the partial refund.

So my question is, do I have to cover the remaining .50 cent of paypal fees that werent actually covered or is that just an 'snag' on paypal?  any help is appreciated. thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

allergycheryl
Contributor
Contributor

If it is within 60 days, you do it as a refund.  Go to the original transaction and select to do a refund.  If it is within the 60 days, PayPal refunds the fees.

Login to Me Too

Cocoresort11
Contributor
Contributor

The Paypal fee was not refunded for the all cases.

For example, if a buyer use a gift card, you can't make a partial refund. The option is either a full refund or send money to the buyer.

If a buyer's fault such as changing mind or bought mistakenly, you don't need to refund the shipping fee and want to make a partial refund but if the buyer use a gift card, you have to make a full refund or send money to the buyer.

Since you don't need to refund the shipping fee, you choose to send money to the buyer.

Then, you've never got a refund the transaction fee from Paypal.

When you send money to the buyer, you may choose as personal and for the transaction, Paypal doesn't charge the fee to you.

However, you paid the fee to Paypal for the original transaction and never got a refund from Paypal.

This is really unfair for the seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.