paid to wrong e-mail address

Hsiaokuo
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to an e-mail address and got the message that this person does not have an acct, and they would be contacted to set up one. I think I put their address in wrong, ".com" when it should have been ".biz". Is my money floating around out there, or worse, sent to the wrong person? I can't find anything in my history.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hsiakuo,

If you have visited your History page, and changed the calendar back through the time frames in question - but no payment exists, a few things could have happened. 

Either no payment was made at all, or the payment was made via a guest checkout process. 

How long ago was the payment, and for how much?

Let us know,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Hsiaokuo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Adrain, for writing back. There is nothing in my history so I think it just did not go through. It was for the same amt I just sent to someone.  That one went through yesterday. Last week I sent that amt to a different email address by mistake. Can you check on it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hsiakuo,

Since I don't have access to your account, I can't check on the payment for you - but I would say if there isn't anything in your history, and you don't see any debits on any of your accounts, it effectively never happened.  Smiley Happy

If you wanted, you could have customer service do an extensive search for you - they can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting either help via phone or email. 

Take care,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.