fees and personal accounts

bld
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the scenario:

I currently am living in one location and have a local banking account.  My family is located in a different location and there is a local account there as well.  To expedite $$ xfrs to my family, can I transfer money from my account to the families account via paypal without incurring any fees?  Kind of like an online banking xfer from my checking to my savings account but in this case it is two different banks.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

liuchess
Contributor
Contributor

@possum45 wrote:

Be very careful with using the "Personal" tab more than once or twice when transferring money  to and from family members. If paypal sees that you have transferred a few times they will start charging you. Our son was transferring his rent to us via paypal and because it was more than a couple times, they now charge us.

Can I see some proof of this? I've yet to hear about PayPal doing this to a single person so pix would be great. You sure your son didn't accidentally send by credit card?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.