additional fee

harryjjj
New Community Member
I spoke to a gentleman at PayPal on Saturday. He said I would be charged $4.35 on a $150 deposit into my PayPal account. So I increased my fee $5.00 to my client to cover the fee, and now I see I'm being charged an additional $2.00, with a total fee of $6.35. 
Why a $2.00 increase for an added $5.00 to the transaction?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@harryjjj wrote:
I spoke to a gentleman at PayPal on Saturday. He said I would be charged $4.35 on a $150 deposit into my PayPal account. So I increased my fee $5.00 to my client to cover the fee, and now I see I'm being charged an additional $2.00, with a total fee of $6.35. 
Why a $2.00 increase for an added $5.00 to the transaction?

The standard paypal fee is 2.9% plus 30 cents so on a $150.00 tansaction the paypal fee would be $4.65.

On a 155.00 transaction the fee would be $4.80.

Sounds like you have an international buyer, which the Paypal rep did not know when he first spoke with you.

Payments from international buyers are charged an additional 1% so it would be 3.9% plus 30 cents.

So if you got a $155.00 payment the paypal fee would be 3.9% plus 30 cents for a total fee of $6.35

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.