Why do I have to pay when someone sends ME money?

zeptinune
Contributor
Contributor

I've been with Paypal for years, before it was even a part of Ebay...

I do lots of buying and selling on Ebay, mainly selling.

Ebay charges me to list items on Ebay..,

Ebay charges me a percentage on the item when it sells,

If the person sending me the payment for the item is 'Unverified' on ebay I have to pay AGAIN just to receieve the payment!

I've had it guys.. seriously, why do I, the seller get charged when someone sends me a payment because they haven't taken the time to verify their account or are unable to do so. What consitutes that paypal take MORE of my hard earned money just because someone else hasn't bothered to verify their account?

Why should people like me suffer for things we cant fix.. I cant put a 'I don't accept payments from Unverified Paypal users' because if someone who's unverified decides to buy my item anyway I'd have to deny the payment and relist the item.. relisting would cost me almost just as much as the amount you take from me in a 'receipt fee'...

Guys this isn't fair, really. You nail me 3 times if I want to sell on Ebay... THREE TIMES!!

1 For listing

1 When my item sells

1 If an when someone 'unverified' pays me via paypal

I'm going to start asking people nicely in my listings to NOT pay me via paypal and to do a bank transfer instead AT THEIR EXPENSE! Why should the honest seller who is trying to make a buck be set up by a bunch of thieves like paypal... why don't you charge the buyer 50c or something instead of taking from me? My item isn't worth anything after all these fees! I'd practically owe money instead of making any!

I've searched and searched over google for an answer to this question and there is nothing remotely like this anywhere. No one has complained, no one has asked why we get nailed 3 times for trying to sell on Ebay. I hate how you guys force me to accept paypal as a payment method...

This is so unfair. So from now on I'm going to ask nicely for people who aren't 'verfied' (what difference does it even make?) to not buy items from me if they want to be lazy. And two I'm happily going to expose my international bank account number to complete strangers so you cant make your billions in taxes off me. The fact that you're allowed to take so much money from me for no reason and others, and how you seem to have bribed every company on the planet to accept paypal is beyond me.. You've already probably made a few thousand just in fees off me, and I'll do my best to stop you further.

Thanks for nothing.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Rodents_Rapture
Contributor
Contributor

I believe they have to send it as a gift then they pay the fee

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@roofd82 wrote:

Hi,

I had friends send me money via paypal so I could set up a vegas package vacation.  I thought that if they sent me money via bank account it would be free, but I ended up getting charged a good amount for each friend's payment.

Did your friends pay in response to your "Request Money" transaction?

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

karyna
New Community Member

they should have sent to you as a gift.. anything else i believe they charge you. hth

Login to Me Too

florence_merlin
Contributor
Contributor

OMG! thanks for this post now i know what's with the fees. OKAY! this is not so nice. the only profit i had gained was taken off the fees. Oh! this is terrible

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.