Why do I have a payment hold still?

k550
Contributor
Contributor

O.K. This holding my money in a pending balance is getting old!! Why do I have one in the first place? I have been selling on ebay for a couple months now, yes thats not very long, and I'm considered a new seller still, but I have 12 stars, thats 12 positive feedbacks. I do have 1 negative feedback, but that was the very first item I sold, and it was just someone trying to scam me for a Ed Hardy shirt that I eventually won the case that was openned! I actually have 22 possitive feedbacks, but for some reason its only showing 12 by my sellers name. Not to sure why all that is either... Anyway, Ebaying is my source of income now, I list and sell multiple items every single day. I need that money for those items when the people pay for them. Just like the people need their item when they pay for it. I dont got time to wait for the buyer to leave a feedback for the item they recieved. Not everyone leaves feedback right away. I just recieved a feedback today for an item I sold 2 months ago. Thats rediculouse to have to wait for! When is this going to stop? Why doesn't everyone get payment holds when they start out new? I have multiple friends who started an account and they have never had money go into a pending balance. They expecially never had to wait 21 DAYS!!!  That is just way to long. If I ship an item, get tracking info, and the tracking info status says delivered, then within 24 hours, 48 hours at the most, my money should be released!! If I am unhappy with something I just recieved, I dont think its going to take me 21days to realize that and log into ebay and leave a negative feedback, or open a claim against the seller! Something has to be done about this....

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You're considered a new seller for the first 90 days after your first successful sale on eBay where you receive a PayPal payment.  More information is available on the "Payment Holds for New eBay Sellers" page... here's the link...

https://security.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/payment_hol...

Login to Me Too

k550
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much. Do you know why it is they only do the payment holds on certain accounts? Is there certain requirments, or could I have done something wrong for them to put this hold on my money from the beginning??

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@k550 wrote:

Do you know why it is they only do the payment holds on certain accounts? Is there certain requirments, or could I have done something wrong for them to put this hold on my money from the beginning??

I don't know...  I just recently started selling on a 9 year old eBay account which was previously used only for buying, and... almost every payment received has been held.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everyone!

If you have recently opened an eBay account and begun to sell, or have had an eBay account for quite some time but have only now begun to sell, you may encounter the holds process Sandypurins described above.  You can read more about them here:  https://security.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/payment_hol...

Sandy - if you're using the same PayPal account for your different eBay accounts, you might be interested in this process:  http://pages.ebay.com/RemoveNewSellerHold/FAQs/

Hope this helps!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.