Watch out for this PayPal **bleep** job, brought to you by paypal

G2
Contributor
Contributor

Vent time-

I had an unauthorized transaction charged to my paypal account.  The bank account linked to my Paypal immediately charged me an overdraft.  I told my bank HEY This is an unauthorized transaction, and they said, OK get paypal to to put the money bak.  I did.

Problem is, Paypal doesn't put the money where it came from, they give it back to YOU in your paypal account.  I went on vacation, and my bank hit me for a "sustained overdraft fee" multiple times until I actually paid all the fees.

Paypal does NOT put the money back where it came from.  They count on you to do it.  In my case, the unauthorized transaction cost ME a bunch of money that PayPal POLICY should have covered.

Watch your money!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

G2
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal..  How does this policy benefit you guys in any way other than sitting on my money?  This transfer of money is unethical.

What say you?

Login to Me Too

G2
Contributor
Contributor

So it is about the penny or two of income Paypal makes on unauthorized transactions?

Ever hear of "good will"?

Login to Me Too

F9
New Community Member

Yea the same thing happened to me.... I just don't know where to complain or ask PayPal to give me the money.... if you can help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.