Please stop charging fees for small transactions... :(

genesis1
Contributor
Contributor

I am a casual Ebay seller. I'm not some big business selling thousands of products a day. I just sell about 1 or 2 items a week, if that. Most of the things I sell go for about $5-30 and the fees even for small transactions are rediculous. Today I sold an item on Ebay for $3.00 and the shipping was $2.50. When I got the payment of $5.50, PayPal charged me a $0.46 fee to receive the payment. For me, if it wasn't for that $0.30 fee for every single time I get a payment then it wouldn't be so bad. But I really wish PayPal would turn their eyes for just a second from the big business and think about people like me. I am steadily starting to just stop selling things altogether because the fees are just biting at my profit and truthfully, its really not worth it.

Please consider doing something PayPal to remedy this. No games, no "special offers." Just make it fair for the little guys and please give us a reasonable system for small transactions.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Jaylat,

Yes!  You can convert  your existing account.  Follow the "Signup" button at this site:  https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com/?bn_r=m

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

sjcg0612
New Community Member

I Agree.....  my transactions are from .50 to 1.50 amd they take up to .34 out so really after paying shipping I make NOTHING!!!

Login to Me Too

poohwaun

i agree 100%,paypal even take a fee from the shipping you charge.i think that is so unfair,between paypal and ebay fees there is no profit.ive been selling for 6 years and are losing interest

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.