Overdraft Fees

lcpl4life
Contributor
Contributor

Now there is a perfectly understandable reason for all these fees it is because eBay and paypal are running what is know as a monopoly. Now eBay and paypal will say they are not running a monopoly but when it comes down to it there is no real competition for a site like eBay and the only reasonable way to send or receive money on eBay is thru paypal. My only question is why? There are other programs out there like Google checkout but eBay and paypal don't want any competition because then they couldn't charge all these fees on fees. For example the other day I purchased something on eBay that cost about $4.80 and after I used paypal to make this purchase I quickly realized I used the wrong bank account and check card to make that purchase a honest mistake and even though the transaction with my bank and paypal had not been completed I could not change which bank account that transaction would use even though it was not a fully completed transaction, well the bank account accidentally used for that transaction only had $1.30 in it so paypal charged the $4.30 causing the account to over draft. Then paypal charged a over draft fee of $27.00 only they charged it twice and then my bank charged a overdraft fee of $25.00 so now my account is negative $79 on a $4.80 purchase all because I accidentally clicked on the wrong bank account at checkout with paypal

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

1hotroadrunner
Contributor
Contributor

Echeck  said they would take the money out  on the  26th to the 28th,   however  they  tried to  take the  money on the  21th  and it  cost me  an overdraft  fee,   Why  state one thing  when they  do the  other,   I guess that is just another way  for them to  hurt the  small guy.  However,  They will never do that to me  again,  i  have been with ebay  since  2001  and never no  problems with  Ebay.   I  will cancel   out  paypal,  being a  Disabled person, We can not afford  haveing our money  taken from  us  because paypal   did us wrong.  And I even had a Back Up card on file.    Thanks for nothing Paypal, I hope you choke on what it cost  me .

Login to Me Too

ypurgirl
Contributor
Contributor

ok so dose the buyer or you pay for shipping because they took out money from my bank and now im in the hole??? And i cant ship anything now because i have no money and paypal this holding my money!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.