Is there a fee to transfer funds from one paypal account to another paypal account?

NTHEATL13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi..This is my first time here. I am new to PayPal and E-Bay. I have a friend who wants to transfer funds from his PayPal account to my bank account. Can this be done? If so, what are the fees? and third, who long does it take for the transfer to take place?  Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi NTHEATL13,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Your friend would not be able to transfer money from his PayPal account directly to your bank.  We would have him send you a PayPal payment, then you would be able to withdraw the funds from your PayPal account to your bank account.

Your friend can send you a Personal payment.  There would be no fee for receiving a Personal payment as long as:

- You and your friend have a PayPal account in the same country

- The payment is funded with their PayPal balance or bank account.

You can find instructions for sending a payment at the link below.  They will just need to make sure they mark the payment as "Personal".

How to Send Money

Once you have received the money in your PayPal account, you can withdraw the funds to your bank. Instructions for withdrawing funds can be found here:

How do I withdraw funds from my PayPal account?

The transfer to your bank account usually takes 3-4 business days to process.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.