Reply to topic
Giambo66 New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

International Paypal fee to Brazil

I need to make a payment from the US to a supplier in Brazil.

I asked them to open a PayPal account to make an easy transfer. They told me it's too costly.

Could you please let me know what is the fee for my supplier when receiving a PayPal transfer and the required time for the money to be available to them?

From my side, if I make a payment in Brazilian Reais, I should pay the 2.5% fee for exchange rate?

What about if I make the payment in USD? Will be the receiver to pay the 2.5%?

Thanks a lot!

Giambo66

0 Kudos
sandypurins Volunteer Advisor
Volunteer Advisor
Kudos: 566
Accepted Solutions: 155

Re: International Paypal fee to Brazil

The standard PayPal Brazil payment receiving fee is 3.4% + R$0,40 BRL. In addition, a cross border fee of 0.5% applies to payments received from senders in another country and payments requiring a currency conversion will result in a 2.5% processing fee.

More information is available at the following link...

https://www.paypal.com/br/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-pop-fees-outside

Giambo66 wrote:

From my side, if I make a payment in Brazilian Reais, I should pay the 2.5% fee for exchange rate?

Yes.

Giambo66 wrote:

What about if I make the payment in USD? Will be the receiver to pay the 2.5%?

Yes.

Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest