HELP I AM NEW

missyfromga
New Community Member

Hello I am new to Ebay and i wanted to sell a wii game will paypal charge me before i sell my item are will it wait for them to pay me then charge me? thanks melissa

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

richard1281
New Community Member

Hi I just made my first sale on ebay- and I listed it on the 3day no charge? looking at paypal account it shows a $3,000.00 deposit- put in paypal for the item sold - and a- $87.30 deduction is this charge for using paypal or ebay? who got the $87.30 and how do I get the $2912.70 -? - is paypal holding this or are they going to credit my master card account ? or are they putting this money into my bb&t account on file with paypal  

Login to Me Too

kayseasslotcars
New Community Member

WHEN YOU SELL A ITEM THEY CHARGE YOU WHAT THEY CALL A FINAL VALUE FEE AND IT IS 9% OF THE SALE! I HOPE THIS HELPS UNLESS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE

Login to Me Too

kayseasslotcars
New Community Member

PAYPAL ALSO CHARGES A FEE FOR HANDLING YOUR MONEY TOO!

Login to Me Too

jjbamboo
Contributor
Contributor

Yes Paypal took their fee and Ebay will list their fee in sellers fee, check next time you list a item. And they are all the same company. You sell $100.00, they get $10.00. It gets better, they can hold your money for 21 days and you can't do nothing. Thats what a Ebay supervisor told me this week. Ebay is full of Ebay and our money, sell elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@richard1281 wrote:

Hi I just made my first sale on ebay- and I listed it on the 3day no charge? looking at paypal account it shows a $3,000.00 deposit- put in paypal for the item sold - and a- $87.30 deduction is this charge for using paypal or ebay? who got the $87.30 and how do I get the $2912.70 -? - is paypal holding this or are they going to credit my master card account ? or are they putting this money into my bb&t account on file with paypal  

Hi Richards1281.

The $87.30 is the fee paypal charged you to accept the payment.  Paypal deducted 2.9% plus 30 cents for their fee.

Your Ebay selling fee is billed on the 15th or 30th of each month to the credit card or checking account you have on file with ebay.

To remove the funds you have to click on the fithdraw tab at the top of the Paypal page and choose how you want your funds sent to you.  The quickest way is to have it transfered to your bank account you have on file with paypal.  There is no additional fee for this

If you don't have a bank account on file you can they request Paypal send you a check, which takes 5-10 business days.  Paypal charges a fee for this type of transfer, about $3.00.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi missyfromga and richard1281,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

missyfromga, when you receive a payment using PayPal, the fee would be taken out of the funds coming into the account. You can read more about the fees here: https://www.paypal.com/fees

richard1281,

The $87.30 is the PayPal fee for processing the payment.  Any available funds in your PayPal balance can be withdrawn to your bank. Withdrawal instructions can be found here:

How do I withdraw funds from my PayPal account?

As you are both selling, I recommend reading up on some good selling tips and practices to minimize your risk and maximize your protection with PayPal.

PayPal Seller Protection

I hope this information helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

jjbamboo
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay will charge you to list the item, if it sales or not. Paypal will charge you if it sales, so you sale a $100.00 item, between ebay and paypal (all one company) you will be charged $10.00. And may have to wait 21 days to get your money, sell it elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.