February - No new listings - Protest the 14% combined fees

mrkerbs
New Community Member

First off I just want to make this audience aware that I am an excellent ebayer in good standing with 581 perfect postive feedbacks. I am not bashing Ebay here. I am merely pointing out the conflict of interest that many of you have already spoken about.

Ebay is going to get themselves in trouble with 9% final value fees tacked on to 5% paypal transaction fees. Generally speaking a real auction house is going to take 20% so I understand that Ebay somehow feels that it is well within its right to take 14%. However, with Meg Whitman out of office, we the sellers have no active representation. Look how the feedback system has been so nutered as to protect the buyer 100% leaving the seller with no recourse but to say "I have a tracking number, does that mean anything?".

So what I mean to say is this. The ride has been fun Ebay. There were good times and bad times but ultimately we the sellers are going to make our point by walking away. Please stand with me during the month of February - no new listings by any seller - this is an Ebay protest. Call it occupy Ebay if you like. The only way we will make a point is to hurt their bottom line. They haven't listened to any of us at this point because we go back like a stupid dog who won't run away from an abusive master. Stand with me my reselling, junk dealing brothers and sisters. For all that is holy and good, and for all those chia pets and antique pot holders. 🙂

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.