Do you love PayPal?

o6o71926
Contributor
Contributor

I cant help by note that PayPal calls themselves the best way to transmit money.  Seems to me they have their hand in my pocket for a rather excessive amount on smaller items.  Am I right?  or wrong?

bob k

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

o6o71926,

Welcome to the PayPal community Forums!  I know it can feel like we are taking excessive amounts when people's chosen business is done in payments that are under $10.

If you are selling items and the average price are smaller amounts, we offer a remedy to the concern that the standard pricing is not fair to your size payments.

Micropayments:

https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com/ 

Please feel free to review the information provided and if this is something you feel would better suit your business feel free to sign up using the link provided.

I'm glad I was able to provide you this information!

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

bondroid
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_WarrenG wrote:

o6o71926,

Welcome to the PayPal community Forums!  I know it can feel like we are taking excessive amounts when people's chosen business is done in payments that are under $10.

If you are selling items and the average price are smaller amounts, we offer a remedy to the concern that the standard pricing is not fair to your size payments.

Micropayments:

https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com/ 

Please feel free to review the information provided and if this is something you feel would better suit your business feel free to sign up using the link provided.

I'm glad I was able to provide you this information!

PayPal_WarrenG

Excuse me sir.... "it can FEEL like we are taking excessive amounts"...?? You ARE taking excessive amounts. I went to the link you posted. It came up "this page does not exist". I did not mis-type. I dragged it and dropped it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi bondroid,

I'm not sure why that page would not come up for you. I just double-checked Warren's link and it worked for me. Can you try another browser? Micropayments sounds like it could be the right solution for you, if you're consistently selling small value items.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@bondroid wrote:
Excuse me sir.... "it can FEEL like we are taking excessive amounts"...?? You ARE taking excessive amounts. I went to the link you posted. It came up "this page does not exist". I did not mis-type. I dragged it and dropped it.

The link posted by Warren worked fine for me... I just clicked on the actual link...

https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com

PayPal's standard 2.9% plus 30 cents fee is not excessive... the fees charged by other payment services are similar. Have you researched the rates charged by the other payment services?

The micropayments fee is 5% plus 5 cents... it results in a lower fee for payments which are $10.00 or less.

Login to Me Too

bondroid
Contributor
Contributor

You are 100% correct. It's very discouraging.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.