Did transaction fees go up recently?

sandglider007
Contributor
Contributor

Not a big difference, but when I received 19.99 last month it was .88 and today it was $1.08.  Did I miss a fee hike?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

sandglider007,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums!  I am glad I have an opportunity to answer your question.

The difference in fees you mentioned is exactly 1%.  Within the PayPal system there is a 1% cross border fee for any payment the seller receives from an international buyer paying with a credit card.

If the payment you received is from an international customer this would be the explanation for the fee difference.  Please review your payment to determine if the buyer is international or not.

If you find that this is not the case, please use the "Contact Us" link for further assistance with the specific transaction.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

sandglider007
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Warren.  This was a domestic transaction (to NY) so I'm not sure what happened.  I've contacted customer support and hopefully this will be resolved.  Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.