Buyers, Paypal and Credit Cards

stevbb
Contributor
Contributor

Because the buyers get preference over the sellers due to their relationship with and between Paypal and the credit card companies; thus, the buyer, as in my case knew that he could do within the policy of Paypal and his credit card company the following;

1. Purchase any product and get the full benefits of having it.

2. Return the product because it has no further utility after being consumed; in this case the product was a "How to do procedure...."; which now he understand completely after:

a] Reading the materials—Excellent Product

b] Received private live tutoring which included over 40 sessions which I asked Paypal to review –Excellent Service --- Paypal was not interested and reply, " We will ask for any information that we need – what would they do with it with no power to use it.

c] Buyer tell credit card company to stop the payment for the product,

3. Paypal debits the seller’s account = hardship for:

a] Lost of the cost of his stolen merchandise

b] Lost the cost of income

c] Lost the cost which Paypal charges, for their service of depending the seller when Paypal have no authority to say anything that could be of benefit for the seller. With this being the case - why would Paypal charge the seller when they can’t provide service. Paypal said that they have no say in the matter. Surely a con and should be reported to the FTC. I have a link to the FTC on my site and Paypal should do the same and be reported.

4. Buyer gets the cost of purchase returned to them.

5. Use the information freely for their use or for redistributing for a price. Buyer receive benefit a Paypal receive benefits -- seller looses all. Thus I would only recommend Paypal for those who are purchasing a product and CERTAINLY NOT FOR THOSE SELLING; thus, what is one without the other. I think it would put someone out of business. Any merchant selling a great product need to realize that they can sell it any way that they want because if the product is good and they want it----they will get it and it does not have to be though one channel or source.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Amy

Thank you for your post!

I understand the frustration with having a buyer file a dispute against you through PayPal or their credit card company.

PayPal does offer seller protection for our sellers.  I would encourage you to review our seller protection policy

https://www.paypal.com/sellerprotection

Amy

Login to Me Too

stevbb
Contributor
Contributor

Is  Pal Payers what Pay pal is about?

I am sure that you believe what you are saying Amy and I can only go by what Paypal stated in its email to me.  I reply to this before but it didn't take, I might had forgotten to hit the submit bottom.  Forgive me if it did take and this is a duplicate reply. 

I feel that it would a waste of my time to take your suggestion; I have read what you refer to as protecting yourself from chargeback which is impossible when I and my representative [Paypal] has NO say in the out come of such. 

I had over 40 emails tutoring this client and he loved and understood it's theories.  I begged Paypal to let me email them to prove that he was totally satisfied with the private live one on one tutoring, the personal videos explaining all of his questions and concerns and never in all of the corresponding did he EVER mentioned getting the wrong product or that the product was not functioning as advertised.  NO, NOT ONCE. Did Paypal want to see the email?  NO NEVER.  And tell me that I need to read the policy when you are part of the policy. 

Paypal continuously told me that we sending copies of conversation was not needed and that if they needed anything from me; they would ask.  Think I didn't get the message.  Oh, yes; I got the word and you know it.   After giving the buyer his money back; Paypal then adds and additional charge to my account which I assume was the charge for me creating the incident or for them defending me; BOTH are incorrect.  How can Paypal defend the seller of merchandise when they have NO POWER to correct any injustice's on have of the seller

You being the moderator employed by Paypal; are you interest and concern enough to read the 40 tutorial conversation between me and the buyer?  Totally uncentured. 

The buyers are no more important than the sellers; without the one there no other.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Please read your company's reply to me concerning the nature of a chargeback below.  Read  the red if you are in a hurry. Surely and safely you silently would agree.

Hello -----------,

We were recently notified that one of your buyers filed a chargeback by
asking their credit card company to reverse a payment made to you on ------

The buyer claims that the item was damaged on receipt or is significantly
not as described. The credit card company wants additional information from
you about this transaction.

-----------------------------------
Transaction details

Chargeback is a process initiated outside of PayPal by the credit card
holder,

and the outcome of the chargeback is decided by the credit card
company, not by PayPal.

One of the unique benefits of using PayPal is that we help you fight
unwarranted chargebacks.

What to do next

Please log in to your PayPal account as soon as possible and visit the
Resolution Center to provide the following information about this
transaction, if available:
- Evidence that the merchandise/service was as described
- Evidence that you attempted to resolve the issue with the buyer
- Evidence that the buyer didn't try to contact you to resolve the problem
- Evidence that you provided a replacement to the buyer

Please submit your response within 10 calendar days of the date of this
email, so that we can help dispute this chargeback for you.
The credit card
company determines chargeback timeframes and outcomes. Once PayPal sends
the credit card company your information, it may take up to 75 days for the
credit card company to make a final decision.

Because the credit card company has received a chargeback on this
transaction, we may place a temporary hold on the funds associated with
this transaction until this case is resolved.

For more information about how to protect your funds against chargebacks,
go to:

Other Details

There are no other details regarding this transaction at this time.

Sincerely,

PayPal
Chargeback Department
Email:

Fax: 402-537-5755

Login to Me Too

stevbb
Contributor
Contributor

Amy I understand that you are being paid by Paypal and would repeat their policy.  I do not agree with you or your boss {Paypal}.  Everything in red said one thing to me and that is:  PAYPAL CAN NOT DO A THING ABOUT CHARGEBACK.  Now I know that you agreee with that -- AS YOU SAID TO ME:  Surely and safely you silently would agree.   To protect your JOB you must silently agree or loose it. I have no reason Amy to be silent about anything.  You need not get so angry for you have not lost a thing; but this debate over Paypal ability in such situations.  And ask you say in the RED. 

PAYPAL DON'T DECIDE ANYTHING;

SO WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO REFER ME BACK TOO

For more information about how to protect your funds against chargebacks,
                   go to:

Other Details

More information about Paypal's inability to have any say in the chargeback situation.  I think that this is getting close being false and misleading. 

Again,  I will repeat your own words;           Surely and safely you silently would agree. To protect your job.

A waste of time, Amy;  but you tried for the sake of your job --- but, the blind can see the truth......

And paypal is for getting their hands on the money first --- thus, paypal is more concern about the entity that has the money and it it  the buyer.  No more emails Amy, please it over --- I just have to decide what to do in situations like this----because paypal has not say.  read you red print.

steve  Urn System Designs International

Login to Me Too

The1Visitor
Contributor
Contributor

- I sold an item to a buyer with only "4" feedbacks.  He rec'd the item, left me positive feedback, detailing the item and then a MONTH later instigated a chargeback claiming a family member used his acct..   OK, so send back my item right?  It's a $2,550 value (certified) he paid $600 for. 

- Instead, PP not only trips my bank overdraft in taking this $$ back, but they FREEZE my acct. when my bank stands up for me and reverses it.  My bank said PP was being absurd and ILLEGAL given that the buyer left feedback, clearly indicating they had the item I sold them.

--- THREE months later, PP agrees with my bank, says the issue is resolved, unfreezes my acct. and we can forget it ever  happened.

--- NOPE.  Just over 2 weeks after telling me they found in my favor and all is well, PP tells me the buyer's bank decided for the buyer (the THIEF who has the merchandise and now wants their money too).   PP is in the process of reaching into my bank acct. AGAIN to take the money AGAIN and trigger the overdraft AGAIN.

--- I had a 2 week window to cancel my PP acct and get out alive.  PP is enabling this "4 feedback" conman while I'm a decades old, established buyer/seller, Premier account holder and blah blah blah.  Never ONCE a complaint or problem.  Not a single 'negative' in over 10 yrs.

---  If you ever have a chargeback and it's reportedly "resolved", RUN !!!!!  Close your acct., disable your bank connections to PayPal and never look back.

There ARE other options including old fashioned paper checks, hidden cash in an envelope, wiring, etc..

This nightmare, by the way, has caused the deaths of THREE animals.  I own a rescue org. and our sales at eBay ALL go to save lives, provide urgent care for people who can't afford it, feed animals in need.   THREE were going to have necessary surgeries from this money.   No $$, no vet care.  They died and three elderly, disabled and very poor owners are devastated that their only companions are gone.   Thanks to a thief at eBay and PayPal aiding and abetting them

Login to Me Too

stevbb
Contributor
Contributor

No need to reply because of your quilt trip about this situations.  No time to waste and the back and forth is confusing when you start your reply with no heading including dates and time. 

Error I made.  The statement you silently agree was stated orginally by me.   steve stop this mess of back and forth words of nothings.  steve

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.