setup with paypal for digital goods

hungvu
Contributor
Contributor
i have proplem when setup my website with paypal for digital goods.
but when i click "pay now" button, its says:  SetExpressCheckout API call failed. Detailed Error Message: Security header is not validShort Error Message: Security errorError Code: 10002Error Severity Code: Error
SetExpressCheckout API call failed. Detailed Error Message: Security header is not validShort Error Message: Security errorError Code: 10002Error Severity Code: Error

i copied correct api.
Could you help me solve this issue? thank you.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

That error means that your API credentials are incorrect one way  or another.  You need to double check the values themselves, and also make sure you aren't setting up sandbox fields in the plugins with live credentials or vice-versa.  

PayPal has a test server called the sandbox, and most plugins like that will allow you to setup both Sandbox and Live credentials.  If it's set to Sandbox and you entered Live credentials then that would result in this error.  Same the other way around, of course.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

hungvu
Contributor
Contributor

could you spend some minutes to check it for me?

please give me your email, i will send my site login details to you. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I would recommend you reach out to their support for help configuring their plugin.  Again, though, it's just a matter of getting the correct credentials from your site.

If you're trying to set it up with your live account, just click this link and log in with your live PayPal account.  It will send you directly to the API credentials page where it should display a username, password, and signature.  Those are the values you would paste into the live fields for the plugin.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

MTS_Aaron

Hi Hungvu,

Angelaye is right in his assessment. (as usual)

To get an error 10002 the integration must be either:

1-wrong input in API credentials

2-Either pointing at sandbox with Live credentials or vice-versa.

Have you got any luck from the last response?

Cheers

Aaron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.