Paying multiple merchants

petsaboutus
Contributor
Contributor

Require help urgently...

I'm from South Africa and my solution incorporates NVP/SOAP APIs/Checkout Express. My solution entails merchants that register and sell products on my website. Payments get made to the sellers and facilitator.

This solution is now depreciated, is there any alterative for us to use in South Africa or can I still go and register for an live AppID?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi, apologies for the confusion, if you try to Register an NVP/SOAP API app then you will be redirected to the Adaptive portal that is now deprecated. That link or App type is the one deprecated.

What I meant is that if you want to integrate ExpressCheckout Parallel Payments you don't need any extra approval or APP ID, you can integrate straight away: Parallel Payments Integration

But if your plugin/eCommerce requires specifically that you need to create an NVP/SOAP API app then I am afraid is not possible anymore as it has been deprecated from December 1st.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Ciaran

Adaptive Payments is no longer available to new merchants, I think this is what you're referring to. 

However we do have a MarketPlace solution in pilot phase that will be generally available soon. Also you could use Express Checkout Parallel Payments, this might meet your needs. 

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/ht_ec-parallelPayments/

Login to Me Too

petsaboutus
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, much appreciated for your reply & help!

I actually have implemented the parallel pay option for checkout express, but the problem is I want to go live with this solution and it looks like this option is now depreciated as I cannot get an live APPID under nvp/soap ->  checkout express.

If there is noway for me to get a live APPID then the best bet for me is to wait for the  MarketPlace solution?

I took to long in created my social/ecommerce platform and did not notice the depreciation notice of PayPal (my bad)

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi, if your eCommerce is asking for an APPID (Adaptive Payments) then is not possible to have it anymore as AdaptivePayments has been deprecated. While you can still use NVP Classic ExpressCheckout for ParallelPayments that will not require an APPID.

Login to Me Too

vniekecc
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, Ok my misunderstanding again as I thought a Live APPID is required for Parallel Express  Checkout.

So my next step, I'm trying to make my website live by following below link, but I'm getting stuck at paragraph :  Register an NVP/SOAP API app

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/goingLive/

If possible can you point me to link where in detail it shows the steps to follow to move my eCommerce into production?

Again much appreciated for all your help.

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi, apologies for the confusion, if you try to Register an NVP/SOAP API app then you will be redirected to the Adaptive portal that is now deprecated. That link or App type is the one deprecated.

What I meant is that if you want to integrate ExpressCheckout Parallel Payments you don't need any extra approval or APP ID, you can integrate straight away: Parallel Payments Integration

But if your plugin/eCommerce requires specifically that you need to create an NVP/SOAP API app then I am afraid is not possible anymore as it has been deprecated from December 1st.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.