Is Paypal Express Checkout API flow still ok to use?

BEACHBALL
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a word press plugin for a website to take rental reservations. It allows us to take a deposit through PayPal. Testing, everything looks ok - but this is the first time I have used PayPal on a website, and I have concerns about exactly what product I am using. 

The link in their docs leads to a page which returned the following:
Express Checkout - NVP/SOAP (Deprecated)
Express Checkout API flow
Important: This integration method is deprecated as of January 1, 2017. PayPal continues to support existing merchants using this method, but please be advised new features and enhancements will not be applied to these integrations. For new integrations, see the PayPal Express Checkout Integration Guide.

Should I be concerned about using this plugin? They have been selling it for several years and when I asked if they would be upgrading to the new method, I was told:  HBook supports PayPal Express Checkout API. This is the API which HBook is using. It is still supported by PayPal as the message explains but they don't develop new features for it. If we wish to take benefits of any PayPal new feature, we will surely consider switching to PayPal Express Checkout (new one) but this is not planned yet. There is no security issue at all.

I am not a fan of the fact that there is no (traditional) opportunity to do a final confirmation before payment nor can the guest print out payment information on the paypal page. However, it has taken so long to locate a plugin we can add to our site which accomplishes our goals that I would like to use this if there is no problem with it. Can anyone offer advice about this?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.