Change Payment method on checkout funny behavior

acamaticcuprija
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone. I have a problem and don't know what exactly is causing it. I'm implementing PayPal Express Checkout using PayPal .NET SDK and I came across this funny behavior. My test customers (sandbox) are from Austria and Germany and when I try to pay something in USD on checkout I get the Change payment method option and can pay with a Credit Card instead of PayPal ballance which is default. But when I pay for something in EUR the only payment method is PayPal ballance. When I try the same scenario with a customer from USA I can change the payment method for both USD and EUR.
What am I missing? Why can't my customer from Germany pay someting in EUR from his Credit Card? 
Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi, so if I didn't get it wrong it is the checkout option to pay with card that is shown only in some "variable" circumnstances.

Consider that the option to offer the guest checkout/pay with card, for the standard products like ExpressCheckout and HTML standard buttons, is offered based on several variables decided by the system. For this reason you will not see this option for each checkout. The system will take in consideration several parameters and based on that will decide if to offer the guest checkout.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi, so if I didn't get it wrong it is the checkout option to pay with card that is shown only in some "variable" circumnstances.

Consider that the option to offer the guest checkout/pay with card, for the standard products like ExpressCheckout and HTML standard buttons, is offered based on several variables decided by the system. For this reason you will not see this option for each checkout. The system will take in consideration several parameters and based on that will decide if to offer the guest checkout.

Login to Me Too

acamaticcuprija
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andre, thanks for replying.
I'm not sure what exactly do you mean by "guest". The customer logs in and then chooses the payment method if it's available to choose at all. I have noticed today when I was testing with some different customers that a customer from Austria did get an option to choose between a bank account and a credit card but only if the PayPal ballance was not enough to pay (I think it was 0 in this case). So these could be the "parameters" that PayPal takes in consideration when showing different payment methods?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi, in case the balance on the account will not cover the total to pay then it will be offered the possible backup funding instrument like the bank acccount linked to an account or the card. When you encounter one of these cases check the balance on the payer account to have the confirmation that it does not cover the total payment amount.

Login to Me Too

acamaticcuprija
Contributor
Contributor

That's exactly what has happened. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.