How to create a (Credit Card) payment profile

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to create a payment profile that doesn't rely on recurring payments. We have customers that want to save their payment info for future use/re-use, but with PCI compliance in mind, we are unable to store that info on our end.

One solution potential solution is to use the "reference transaction" method, but that doesn't work, because (unless I'm mistaken), we can't PULL the payment info, to display to the user (last 4 digits, expiration, name), which is necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Sounds like you may need the "Vault API", which is part of the REST API payment suite.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/vault/

Moving this thread to the REST forum

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

While looking over the Vault API, I'm not seeing any way to post the sensitive payment information without it touching our servers, for example through a JS library, or through a Vault-specific hosted form. Am I missing something?

Login to Me Too

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

That is not a serverless solution though. With PCI in mind, there has to be a way to access the Vault, without the data touching out servers, right? Authorize.net, for example, provides a JavaScript solution, where we can make an AJAX call to their server (with the sensitive data), so that it never touches our server at all. Paypal **must** offer something similar I would think.

Login to Me Too

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

It's been almost a year since my last comment on this, and still no reply from anyone from Integration Support. Feeling a bit ignored here.  Maybe, now that a fair amount of time has passed, someone can reply with how one might go about doing this? That would be great! Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

Why are questions so difficult to get answered in this community?  Is there someone, with whom I can directly contact, that can field my question(s) on this matter? The wait time for replies here is killing us. My employers need answers and just crossing my fingers that someone *might* get around to answering my question isn't good enough.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.