Change Live API Credential PayPal Account

SimonCox
New Community Member

Hi,

When I create a REST API App the Live API Credential shows a Paypal account that I don't want to use. My Paypal account has three email addresses and the REST API App creation does not give you the ability to pick which email to use, it always picks the same email one I don't want to use for this app. In my PayPal account I deleted the email that kept being used, but when I go to Dashboard it says there is an error listing my REST API apps. If I add the email back to my PayPal account the error for REST API App listing goes away but then I'm back to square one with the wrong email showing in the Live API Credentials.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Simon

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Andre

Hi Simon, so you have one account with 3 different emails on it, one primary and 2 secondary, right?

When you access the developer portal with any of the 3 emails you will always have the same live REST credentials because the live credentials are related to the account (it doesn't matter if you have 3 or more/less emails on that account) and not to a specific email. While if you get the Sandbox credentials they will be different.

In your case you then need to create a new PayPal account in order to have different credentials (then pointing to a different live account).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.