Bug Report

HanleyK1
New Community Member

Couldn't figure out where else to post this. I'm a computer programmer and I'm not looking for assistance, I'm trying to report a bug. Details:

I have been trying to add money to my PayPal balance to correct a negative balance ($1.72) for several days. On my "Summary" page, I click on "Add Money", then I choose "Add funds using your debit or credit card (Instantly)" and click "Continue" Then I fill out the information on the "Add Debit or Credit Card to Account" and click "Add Card".

When I click the "Add Card" button, I am taken to an error page at this URL:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8db8175432b4df92754f...

...which reads:

"Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."

Yes, I am entering all the information correctly and the card is a valid Visa Debit card issued by the same bank that is connected to my eBay account.

Eventually I gave up and made a bank transfer which is still pending, although I wonder why that takes so long, it really shouldn't. In the end, my negative balance will resolve itself shortly, but I feel that PayPal has a bug that should probably be addressed.

I should add here that I don't actually want to register my card with PayPal. I'm quite happy with the bank interaction most of the time. I just wanted to pass this on to the programming staff.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.