Are API Id's unique across different Paypal apps, or only within one app?

michaeldeckers
New Community Member

So I'm developing a project that has to make use of two different REST API apps.

In my internal data structure, I have a 'paypal-id' (e.g. P-6YA672828E76572XXXXXXXXX) that links my internal data object (e.g. subscription (meta-)details) to the ID used in the Paypal API.

Now, when I receive a webhook, for example, I retrieve my internal data object by searching for a record with a matching 'paypal-id'.

Obviously, if paypal's ID system is only unique withi one application, this could cause an issue since two different subscriptions (on my internal data level), registered with different paypal REST API apps, could have the same 'paypal-id', and thus break my project.

I hope I didn't make this question overly complex, but I hope the answer is an easy "yes ID's are unique across apps" 🙂

Thanks!
Michael

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Andre

Hi, the plan_id (e.g. P-6YA672828E76572XXXXXXXXX) is a unique value accross all the Apps as when you create a plan_id you are the only one allowed to check and use its details. If was not unique then other developers could get information on this plan_id. The same applies for the payment_id (PAY-05XXXXXXXX).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.