Using PayPal for Non-Profit Donations

dlcrow
Contributor
Contributor

Can the account be set so that when a donor clicks the PayPal button on our Web site they are provided with options as to which pre-set designated area they can donate to?

thnx

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi dlcrow, and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you're collecting for two or more separate funds or events. There is likely more than one way to go about it, and maybe others in the Community have ideas, but I can certainly offer a suggestion that will help you accomplish what you're looking to do.

You can make separate buttons for each event, and then offer the options of the different buttons to the customer. For instance, if you have a Toy drive and a Coat drive, you could make two separate buttons. You can use different button images to show the donor the difference, and even specify a donation ID to differentiate if you want to:

toy drive button 01.PNG

The first one would be for the Toy drive, and the second would be for the Coat drive.

coat drive button 01.PNG

If your donor opted to click the button you created for the Coat drive, he'd see this in his checkout:

coat drive checkout.PNG

That would allow you to track on the back end which payments go to which event.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.