How to tell donations from purchases?

FD_Aux
Contributor
Contributor

We are a fire department auxiliary and we have a PayPal account that we are currently using for items we sell. We are considering adding a "Donate" button to our website to get donations thru PayPal. My question is this: If we do this, how can we tell donations from purchases in the paypal accounting info? Is there a way to say "show me only the donations" or "Show me only the purchases"? When I view the list of recent transactions, will each transactions say whether it was a donation or a purchase?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi FD_Aux,

Welcome to the community!  I hoping you can help us put out some fires around here. 😉

When you say "purchases", I'm guessing you mean payments that you have sent out of your PayPal account and not money coming in?

In that case, you can filter what types of payments show on your PayPal history page.  At the top of the history there are a bunch of filters that allow you to show only payments you have sent or payments received.  It looks like this:

historyfilters.PNG

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.