trying to open a dispute

bishtop
Contributor
Contributor

hello and good day to you

i made a purchase through paypal without an account and when i go to dispute through ebay im sent to paypal and told i must dispute through you. Im then told to make an account and open a dispute but every time i try to open an account this way it fails saying that my post code and address and town dont match but i guarantee they are 100% accurate

i read somewhere else in the forum that a dispute cannot be done if used a guest account which if its true then i believe that yourselves and ebay should be very clear on this fact but i hope this is not the case

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Sophie

Hi bishtop,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Don't worry, you can still dispute a guest transaction. We just need to file disputes like this manually, which is likely to be why you're having issues with this.

To have a dispute manually opened, you'll need to contact Customer Support directly. You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or Twitter (@AskPayPal) for assistance.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

bishtop
Contributor
Contributor

thankyou for the info sophie its appreciated.take care

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.