refunded buyer with family and friends option

puerteas
Contributor
Contributor
hi! near the beginning of february i took the task of procuring some concert merch for some people, but wasn’t able to get it due to some circumstances. i refunded everyone within three days, but one person in particular has popped out of the woodworks 20 days later with a claim against me saying that they are still waiting for their merch. problem is, i sent this person their refund the night of the concert, and by my mistake i sent it through the “family and friends” option. i provided the transaction number to PayPal to show that i did refund him, but PayPal settled the claim in his favor yesterday, claiming i never responded to the claim at all. i’ve filed my appeal but my questions are does this look like something i can win? i know it was my mistake to not use the actual refund option but anyone can see it’s clearly a refund that i sent. is PayPal really going to ignore this context just because of a small technicality? thanks for your time!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@puerteas

If you didn't use the 'refund' option linked to that transaction then in Paypals eyes you did not refund.

The 'gift' payment was a totally different transaction and could have been sent for another reason.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

puerteas
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass hi, thanks for the reply. i did the transaction through an invoice, and honestly i didn’t know how the actual refunding option works but i made a note on the payment i sent that it is a refund. really.... this is so unfair. the buyer saw my mistake and decided to take advantage of it. PayPal should really take context into text with these kinds of things.
Login to Me Too

puerteas
Contributor
Contributor
if anyone cares for an update i won the appeal. thanks PayPal, and this definitely won’t be happening again lmao. that’s what i get for trying to help people.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.