issuing refund

Owenm9090
Contributor
Contributor

I am being forced to issue a refund to a case that is made up and I don't have a say in the outcome. I either issue the refund, or issue the refund.

me and an old friend decided to gameshare on the xbox, this means that what ever game I buy digitally, he can also play on his own console. we though it would be a good idea to each pay half the price the two games we brought. so he sends me half of the money though paypal so I can buy these games.

skip forward a few months and we now hate eachother's guts. 

I wanted to start gamesharing with myself so I can do something (you can only gameshare with one person at a time), so I stopped gamesharing with said person, so now he can no longer play these games. 

He wants his money back. I believe I have the right not to pay him back, due to all the payments being in my name. so I don't.

He has now opened a dispute in paypal (fair enough), but the dispute is saying that he brought something from me that hasn't arrived or that I haven't posted. which isn't true. He didn't buy anything from me. So he's making up a claim to get his money back, and the only options I have to resolve the case is to pay him back. I don't have a say in whether I pay him back or not.

I am trying to report a problem in the resolution center, but every time it says that 'something went wrong, try again'.

What do I do? Please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Owenm9090

So he payed you so he could use the game and now you won't let him use the game and want to keep his money as well.

Guess my opinion is that i hope he wins his refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Owenm9090
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I know what you mean, but I cant even talk to him in the resolution center to find a resolution. I'm being forced to pay him money for a false claim and I'm asking for a way around it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.