is there a chance to get my money back / reopening dispute?

eveningsailor
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all, long story short, Purchased Lootcrate in November 1st, it didnt came until now. Customer service was horrible, like they didnt believe me the package got lost. First refused to give me refund and give me replacement shipped in 2 -4 weeks ( it was christmas gift and I had no interest to wait until March..) And I said I want refund, No response.  It was January 4rd and I created a dispute with this transaction on Paypal. In 7 days I got answer they will refund me / refund is processed and I should wait 2 - 5 working days. Okay, so I closed the case in faith there is no need to hold this case. And it was possibly the worst decision ever as I did not have what will happen after.

It is january 19th, refund is not here, their customer service is ignoring my messages and I can't reopen case else make new dispute. Its driving me crazy

Can you tell me how would it be possible to get my money back? 😞 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eveningsailor

You NEVER close a dispute until you had a cleared refund or your item.

Once you have closed it then of course the seller can ignore you as no one can force them to refund you now.

If you had waited and still not got a refund then you should have escalated to a claim and been more or less guaranteed that refund because if the company did not refund you then paypal would have done so under their buyer protection policy.

If the seller HAD issued you a refund then it would have automatically closed the dispute, the fact it did not meant they had not done so.

You can only open x1 dispute per transaction so your only hope is if you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eveningsailor
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I knew this before 😞 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eveningsailor

It would have been better for you to have read up on buyer protection before starting to use paypal or come here first and asked.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

eveningsailor
Contributor
Contributor

so there is nothing I can do? There is no customer service on Paypal? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eveningsailor

Yes you can ring customer services, but they will tell you that its x1 dispute per transaction and you can't re-open a closed dispute.

But feel free to give it a go and if you have any luck then post back and let us know.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.