fraud

janyo1961
Contributor
Contributor

I went to my emails and found one from paypal saying Payment for multiple items.I didnt click on it but went straight to paypal.I looked through my transactions and found 2 items 1 for 87.99 1 for 49.99,Payable to companies i had never even heard of, I also noticed that my name and address was not the delivery address It was though i was looking at someone elses account with my payment details on it.The  name was H ali my name is J young so cant really get mixed up.I opened up a dispute the money was paid back to my paypal account and i have 2 emails saying i am due a refund so i downloaded money back to bank.Now i am getting phone calls and emails saying i am in negative funds,where do i go from here some scroat hacked my account and i dont think i should pay for it

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you file a dispute for unauthorised transactions via the resolution tab in your paypal account?

If not then i would do so.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

janyo1961
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i  did

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Think you need to contact customer services on this one.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

aarons95
Contributor
Contributor
What is the email address to report fraudulent activity please? Rang up yesterday and was told to email but forgotten the email address, thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi aarons95,

You can forward any emails you've received to spoof@paypal.com. You will get a response from my colleagues there within 24-72 hours.

If you want to report unauthorised use of your account, you can do so by following the steps below, if you haven't already done so. Please also change your account's password and security questions immediately.

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Resolution Centre' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Dispute a Transaction'.
  4. Select 'Unauthorised transaction: I did not authorise a recent transaction.' and click 'Continue.'
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this helps,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

PJS92
New Community Member

How do I go about emailing Paypal, so that I can send them bank statements that has shown fraudulent activity, which I have not authorised. I had been advised by the agent to do so. Do they have a specifc email address?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > email option there.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.