escalate to a claim, How?

jorddsecko
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I Recently bought an Item from eBay And after a few days recieved a message off eBay stating that the item I bought had been deleted and I should open up a case because id aready payed for the item (he then deleted his whole account) it wouldnt let me open a case on ebay so I had to do it through Paypal but I havnt done this before, The status says Awaiting other party's response, I have been told to escalate to a claim but I dont have a clue how to do this and the option is no were to be seen do I have to wait for this to show? can anyone help please. Thank You

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_paula

Hi jorddsecko, 

My apologies for the delayed response. You may have already escalated your dispute by now but just incase or for anyone other members with the same question please see steps on how to escalate a claim below. 

Here’s how to escalate a dispute to a claim:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘View’ next to the dispute you want to escalate.
  4. Click ‘Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim’ near the bottom of the page.
  5. Follow the instructions.
  6. Click ‘Escalate to a claim.’

We will contact you if we need additional information. We will try to make a decision within 30 days. To check the status of your claim, log in to your account and visit the Resolution Centre.

I hope this helps

Paula 

Login to Me Too

billiechapman36
New Community Member

Hi, i have done exactly what you have said and there is no option at the bottom of the page to 'escalate to a claim' please help me, i just want my money back! Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi billiechapman36

There usually  is an option to escalate after a certain amount of  days to the exact date /time of opening the case, if not I suggest you call them to explain and they might escalate it there and hen when you are on the phone

Login to Me Too

jameskeegan
New Community Member

i am trying to do this aswell but its just not there any one got a link thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

Vix1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem....product was sold Monday 15/5... 7 days ago. Dispute was opened Friday 19/5.... no "escalate to claim" option. Blatantly just not there! How long ago did you open your dispute? Mine said give the seller until Monday (today) so I did.... still no option to escalate

Login to Me Too

clara6667
Contributor
Contributor
Hi did anyone manage to escalate? If so, how long after you opened the dispute were you able to escalate?
Login to Me Too

Vix1
Contributor
Contributor
Hiya, I did manage to do it... it did say wait until Monday untilk you escalate and there was no "escalate" option until the Tuesday morning
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.