does paypal need my action on a claim if the seller does not respond?

Epin
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering if Paypal still requires the buyer's action if the seller is not responding to a claim? Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Epin

Normally the onus is on the seller to provide delivery of the item to you either by a tracking number or proof he sent the virtual item.

If he does not respond at all then Paypal 'should' find in your favour, all you can do is wait and see.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Epin

As long as you have escalated to a claim then no you don't need to do anything unless paypal tells you to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Epin
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass oh i see. thank you so much. i'm just also wondering because i escalated a dispute to a claim and its 10th day is today. however, the case is not yet closed and I haven't receiving any update from paypal. i'm just wondering why?

Login to Me Too

Epin
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_lucy Hello mam. I hope you could also help me with my concern. I escalated a dispute to a claim. The seller did not respond until the 10th day. (10th day is today). However, the case is not yet closed and I haven't received any update from Paypal. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Epin

Was the dispute for non receipt OR item received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Epin
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass It is a non receipt of item. It is a virtual item.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Epin

ok well 'if' paypal find in your favour (and with virtual items that is not so certain), then they review / refund within 48 hours of the 10 deadline given to the seller has been reached.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Epin
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I see. But by any chance, is there any moment that the case has been in favor of the seller even if the seller did not respond to the claim? I'm really sorry for asking too much questions. I'm just a newbie here and it's also my first time to file a claim. I hope I'm not annoying you in any way.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Epin

Normally the onus is on the seller to provide delivery of the item to you either by a tracking number or proof he sent the virtual item.

If he does not respond at all then Paypal 'should' find in your favour, all you can do is wait and see.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Epin
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I see. I was actually waiting for the seller's response however he is not responding. Last question, what if the seller has responded tomorrow and it's going to be the 11th day. Will Paypal entertain his response? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.