depop buyer's dispute

angiejhonson

Hi, I bought an item of depop and after 10 days the seller messaged me saying they could not find the item and would have to offer me a refund. They claimed they have tried sending but paypal is not allowing them issue a refund im not sure how true this is but my gut instinct is that this is not true. Also my worry is if I start a dispute with them on paypal over unsent items that they could simply send any item and offfer the reciept of the post asproof of post and as a result win the dispute as payapl only allows one dispute per transaction. Please can anyone guide me on the best way to win my dispute. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi angiejhonson,

Welcome to the community forum.

If the seller in this case had already withdrawn the money that he received, that could be why he is having an issue refunding. He would need to have enough available in his balance. If you are unable to resolve this directly I would recommend opening a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your account. Here's how.

With a case for an item not received we will ask the seller to provide proof that the item has been delivered to you. If they send another item you can switch your case to reflect this. You are correct that we do allow just one claim per transaction but we allow you to change the reason for the claim if you need to.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.