case closed in sellers favour after i returned item of 2750 gbp

Johnnjohn2011
Contributor
Contributor

item bought for 2750 GBP BUT due to late deliveries, i ad to open case. After i got the item, paypal close in sellers favour. I appealed again as item was badly damaged and counterfeit. Paypal asked e to prove the authenticity and i paid another 250 to get a certificate of authenticity on a world famous paypal acredited authenticator's letterhead. i posted the evidnce to paypal the same day i got asked. then they said rturn the item and upload tracking. which costed me another 26.GBP. then they asked for receipt which i also uploaded the next day. item was out for delivery but seller refsed to collect it from postman. case closed in my favour. But seller appealed and i rang paypal. today i received the status of my claim as ''after careful considerations, we were unable to decide this claim in your favour''. what does this mean? i rang paypal some days ago asking them to contact seller to collect the item. its still at their post office as showed in tracking. what will happen now? on top of 2750 gbo, it costed me an extra 276 to provide what paypal asked me to prove. what does this mean? HEEEEEELLPPPP. i cant even sleep. i lost 2 days from work tying to sort this out and i just cant go through this again as i already lost extra amount of money on top of what the scamming seller had out of me. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK if you got proof that the item was fake then paypal should not have told you to return the item as selling fakes is against the law.

I would get back to them and tell them you will be seeking legal advice as you have done everything asked of you.

Don't be put off sometimes you have to be very persistant.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VsUK
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think proof is enough & I'm surprised it was decided in the sellers favour as 99% of the time its in the buyers favour regardless of proof!

Login to Me Too

PinkDiamond169
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there.

You need to ring up customer services, And keep ringing them until they listen. Some agents are better then others so you need to get the right one who will listen. You have proof that its fake, PayPal should not have even told you to return it as you can get done for that as it's a fake item.

Plus you have proof you sent it, And proof of them trying to deliver the item. That is alot of money to lose, Keep going on at them until they sort it. If they don't, Go to Trading Standards and tell them what's happend.  And even tell the seller what you're doing, They might get scared and just refund you. Even go to a small claims court to get the money back.

You can't let this slide that's alot of money to lose. And in the law's eyes if it went to court, You'd win not the seller.

Good luck 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.