Why has PayPal taken a direct debit out

Caitlin1796
Contributor
Contributor
Why has PayPal taken £15 pound direct debit out of my BANK account, I am very angry as I did not expect my money to go missing out of my bank account from paypal. How do I get my money back
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Presumably because you have bought something for £15  ?????

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Caitlin1796
Contributor
Contributor
No I have not
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HobRobin
Contributor
Contributor

This sounds similar  to something I have just posted.

Hopefully Paypal will offer me the decency of a reply unlike your post!

Login to Me Too

TheJosieB
Contributor
Contributor

I've also had a similar situation. And if I receive a sarcastic response as above I will not be best pleased.

This is the first time I've had any issues with Paypal so have not had to ask for their assistance before. All I hear about is cases where they are unhelpful and don't recitfy the issue. I do hope this won't be one of those cases.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi TheJosieB,

So sorry to hear about this. We don't have access to view any of the details of your account from here, so the best thing to do in this case would be to contact Customer Support directly so we can take a look at your details.

If you don't recognise a transaction showing on your account, you can also report it as unauthorised. Here's how to do that:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Resolution Centre near the top of the page.
  3. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  4. Select 'Unauthorised transaction: I did not authorise a recent transaction.' and click Continue.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions. 

You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or Twitter (@AskPayPal) for assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.