Why are paypal not answering my emails?

Ciansmyth23
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I registered a dispute a while back but on the request of paypal tried to sort it out between me and the seller. Unfortunately after I returned the item to the seller they ignored my emails and did not return my money. I have now been contacting paypal on this matter but they never reply. What should I do?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ciansmyth23

Escalate the dispute to a claim asap.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Ciansmyth23,

If you haven't already done so then I would follow kernowlass's advice and escalate your dispute to a claim. This way we can review the details and the claim for you. 

To escalate a dispute to a claim just go to your resolution centre and click on the details of the case. Here you will see the option to escalate your dispute to a claim.

Thanks for posting.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Ciansmyth23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My dispute closed as it went over 20 days. The person in question received the phone I returned and then subsequently stopped answering my emails. 

I dont know what to do.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ciansmyth23

Gosh why did you not escalate to a claim before it timed out??

Your only options now are >>>

1. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

2. Email the seller and state that as you have proof of delivery of the item back to her and proof she did not refund (as long as you sent trackable) then you will be taking out a small claims court action. You can do so but also the threat of that sometimes works.

Good luck.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ciansmyth23
Contributor
Contributor

I didnt escalate the dispute as the item arrived with the seller after the 20 days. I have emailed her numerous times but there is no reply. Paypal have not replied either. What can I do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Ciansmyth23,

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. Unfortunately, once a dispute is closed it wouldn't be possible to re-open the case. 

When you receive an item not as described, you can open a dispute via PayPal to try to get to an agreement with the seller, but is advisable not to close it or allow the time frame to expire until the issue has been resolved completely.

Kernowlass has provided some alternatives that may help in this case, but if you have already contacted us by email, our team will review all the specific details of what happened here and you should receive more information from us regarding your case.

Jessica

Login to Me Too

ClarieM
Contributor
Contributor

AND why did Paypal cut me off on phone?!     How ON EARTH can I dispute a payment which doesn't even show up?!  Ridiculous!!    Appears via my Bank someone must have somehow got a (not often used) credit card of mine and made a payment which is not mine!    DREADFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!   Then I get asked by person at Paypal for EMAIL on a copy of my credit card statement showing disputed payment..........on hotmail.........which is NOT 'secure'!   Has my name, address, card details for ANYONE to see (fortunately Bank has cancelled the credit card in question).    No other way of communicating securely, or even making a complaint.    I will be on Twitter, consumer sites, etc.    (Yes, it does show I MUST keep logging in to my Paypal a/c)    But absolutely dreadful service!    Why should we have to reply on 'UK Community'?   (ALL very helpful, Yes! But takes up too much time)   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.