What is considered valid evidence to PayPal?

mckibben24
New Community Member

I bought an item from a seller and purchased through PayPal and when I received the item that the seller had shipped to me directly from the manufacturer it was damaged. I called the seller at his listed phone number and sent pictures and he agreed it was damaged and emailed me the return shipping form. Once the item was returned to the manufacturer as the seller instructed me to do the seller refused to issue a refund. I filed a claim and sent PayPal all the emails and other information and they are saying it is not valid evidence that he told me to send the item to the address. So my question is what does paypal consider valid evidence?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mckibben24

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute paypal will always tell you to return the item to the sellers paypal registered address, if you send it anywhere else you are not covered.

You bought the item from the seller so the problem should have been sorted by the seller eg send the item back to him and he can send it on to the manufacturer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.