Unauthorized payment - PayPal not replying

Brigitap
New Community Member

A few days ago I saw that there were 11 unauthorized payments from my account. I had no part in these payments whatsoever. I disputed all of these in the resolution centre but only 3 were refunded. After these 3 were refunded my account became limited. I have provided all infromation needed to fix this but for the CC Statement and Proof of Address it has been "In Progress" for several days now, and nothing is being done about the other unauthorized payments. Some of them had a delivery address to Russia. I have never even been to Russia or know anyone living in Russia. I am down 200 pounds because of this. Is there any way to get some answers? Or for PayPal to do something about this? I have read other threads about this and now feel my only option is to file a police report. Does anyone know a way around this without having to go to the police? 

I am a student and am not able to just let this amount go to fraud. I have not given my info to anyone, I hadn't even made a transaction of my own with PayPal. I had just set up an account because I thought I needed it for a payment one time but it turned out I didn't have to use PayPal. Someone please help! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brigitap

Your best bet is to actually call customer services and see if you can sort things out with them  >>

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.