UK to US transfer not accepted

Shipoopi
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently sent money to a friend in the U.S. She has not received an email asking her to 'accept' or 'decline' the payment and has searched her junk mail folder too. We have tried this twice, the first time the money was eventually refunded to me after 30 days, by Paypal. I tried to send it again 2 days ago, and still no email.
I am now at a loss, I cannot cancel this payment (no option) and she cannot accept it. How can I get this either pushed through or cancelled so I can do a bank transfer instead?

*she is using the app and logging in via PC and still no option (she has shown me screenshots)

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shipoopi

What currency did you send?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shipoopi
Contributor
Contributor
I sent GBP to US dollars
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shipoopi

???? sorry what?

Did you send her dollars or sterling??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shipoopi
Contributor
Contributor
I sent GBP (Pounds Sterling) and she would’ve received it in US dollars. That is the only option and way to send money from the U.K to the U.S on the PayPal app, of which I’ve used many times and people in the U.S have managed to accept without any issues.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shipoopi

Not true, they can only accept pounds sterling and then convert it to USD if they have that option enabled on their paypal account.

When i send to the states I send in dollars and then before i click submit it tells me how much will be deducted in pounds sterling from my credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shipoopi
Contributor
Contributor
What has this got to do with my question about cancelling the transaction? Whether it is sent or accepted in whichever currency, she isn’t getting the email to accept or decline the payment. That’s what I need assistance with, not how to send money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shipoopi

It makes a great deal of difference on how or whether you can cancel or not or the reason they can't accept your payment but thats fine, if you don't want my help no problem.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shipoopi
Contributor
Contributor
No, thank you. I’ll sort it out with someone willing to help and talk me through it.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shipoopi

No problem, think i know what your problem is but as you were not willing to interact to sort it i have better things to do.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.