Someone opened a claim against me. Balance is negative. Will they charge my CC / Bank?

Baylix
New Community Member

Hey guys, 

Someone has filed a dispute against me yesterday and has put my balance to -£600 with a tempoary hold on my account. The claim was filed on Sep. 7th and had 14 days to respond. I responded will all the information I had yesterday (Sep. 14th) and now awaiting PayPals response on the matter.

1: Was I too late in responding and will my additional information be considered? I didn't see this claim until now as I have been away, and I responded on the 14th day precisley.

2: Will PayPal charge the money from my bank at this stage? I am going away on holiday tomorrow and need to know PayPal will not touch my funds automatically from my bank account if I lose the case while I am away. Once I'm home next week I can deal with this properly.

While I know I should win this case as I sent several proof items on the false claim against me, I just need to find out if they are going to touch my bank or else my family holiday is ruined.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Baylix

1. As long as you responded before paypal reviewed / closed the claim you should be ok.

2. Paypal cannot dip into your bank account and help themselves. They can only do so when you authorise a payment. BUT what they do do is if you 'buy' something using paypal they will 'add on' the negative balance (which you may not notice) and then you are authorising them to take the payment............so i would not use paypal until your neg is cleared.

What they will do is email (repeatedly) asking you to clear the negative balance.

However I can only tell you the 'norm' sometimes paypal does things out of the 'norm' so if you want a 100% guarantee give c.s. a call.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.