Scammed on eBay

Princec

Hello, so recently I have had an influx of scammers on eBay. I sell intangible items. The buyer has a verified address and everything, and was happy with the purchase, and then later on PayPal says "You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorized by
the PayPal account holder." The buyer already has the item that can't be reused in any way. And days have past so I have already used the money for personal reasons. Now my PayPal balance is in the negative, and these claims keep popping up. I also received a message from some of the people who gave me a chargeback, asking when I will sell even more items... This has happened to many other people, and it is an obvious scam. Buy item, claim unauthorized, keep item, and seller owes money. I know many other people who just left PayPal all together because of this. It should be illegal, it's fraud.

PayPal says "submit documentation", yet there is no option for it there. When I respond at all, it automatically reverses the payment. Gives me no say. Someone should investigate my PayPal account and the claims made, I have emailed, and nothing has happened yet..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Princec

There is no paypal seller protection for intangible / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Princec

There is no paypal seller protection for intangible / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Princec

I hope at least PayPal investigates these members. I'm not even sure they are, I sent emails.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.