SELLERS RIGHTS.......VERY LITTLE!!

johnno33
Contributor
Contributor

EBAY OPENED A CASE AGAINST ME FOR ITEM NOT RECIEVED.

I HAD NO KNOWLEGE OF THIS TRANSACTION AS THERE WAS NOTH'ING IN MY 'SOLD' POSTINGS ,OR PAYPAL CREDITS.

I NOTIFIED THEM OF THEIR MISTAKE,BUT RECIEVED NO REPLY.

I HAVE JUST HAD A MESSAGE TELLING ME THAT THEY HAVE REFUNDED THE AMOUNT IN FULL TO THE BUYER FROM MY ACCOUNT,IN SPITE OF THE FACT,THAT I NEVER RECIEVED ANY FUNDS.

PAY PAL IS NOTHING LESS THAN A SCAM,AND EBAY ARE PARTY TO IT!!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

So there was never any payment in your PayPal account balance?

Have you contacted eBay for clarification as to what they are billing you for?

Login to Me Too

johnno33
Contributor
Contributor

TRIED IT TWICE............NO RESPONSE.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

if eBay open a case against a payment then the payment would be placed on hold on your PayPal account, they can't open a case on a payment that does not exist. Have you actually been billed by eBay, have they received money from you?

Login to Me Too

rubbish
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't agree with you more.  Just had similar experience. Case brought against me for buyer not receiving an item. They didn't have the decency to contact me first to check I'd posted it (which I had, and P.O. receipt to prove it) .  First I knew 7 days later was a case had been brought against me.  Pay Pal made decision in buyers favour even though the buyer was removed during the dispute which doesn't say a lot for them.  And the buyer never once communicated with me although I contacted them.  Doesn't it feel good to be giving things away and having to pay for the priviledge!!:

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Claims cases are never pleasant experiences, that’s for Buyers and Sellers. When a claim is opened we do hold the funds in the sellers account (they are held by PayPal, and have not been returned to anyone), but we do encourage a dialogue between Buyer and Seller through the Resolution Centre in the Dispute phase. Often though a buyer will wish to go to claim status immediately. I could only suggest working directly with PayPal and the Buyer, we find the more communication there is the quicker these issues get resolved.

Login to Me Too

johnjohn21
Contributor
Contributor

Yeh im having the same happen to me and there from poland and has a ebay history of returning things that never get there and PAYPAL STILL FIND IN HIS FAVOR and i have noway of contacting paypal as the emails they send cannot be replied to .. Paypal are getting worse and i for 1 will be closeing my accountwhen this is done

Login to Me Too

Chris_Midlands
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly, see my post for how somebody is attempting to rip me off by issuing a chargeback 2 months after i sold the item, PayPal have 'impounded' my wages for the week sent to me by another customer while the issue is being looked into.... If the thief wins the case i'll lose my wages... And i'll owe PayPal nearly 3 grand... Fat Chance, i'll shut my account down within seconds of a negative decision.

Login to Me Too

realmensmell
New Community Member

Hi,

Interesting that Paypal holds money. Customer brought item from me, it was not a correct item but they were a business and sold the origional. It was worth more.They then supposedly send back an item (not the same) and I requested recorded delivery instructions.

Luckily Papal listened, this is going on up and down the country. I could have been out of pocket up to the tune of £150. The problem is the money is still "pending" subject to them send ing the item back RECORDED delivery. I bet I wont get my money until I phone Paypal though!?

Login to Me Too

Xedillian
Contributor
Contributor

I honestly don't think chargebacks should even be legal. It's people taking advantage of the system to get their own way when a dispute or claim doesn't go in their favour, so it gets taken into third party hands. (Their bank) Who will almost ALWAYS give the money to the buyer because they don't want to lose money themselves. Same principle happens when you try moving bank accounts. They don't want to let it go.

I've been on youtube a lot recently and found out that people not only open chargebacks after a dispute went the seller's way, but they still had possession of the item. That's just insane, and should be illegal to claim back. Chargebacks are seriously shady stuff and all I've heard of them is bad news.

Not one good thing comes out of a chargeback.

Edit: And if you want to say 'Well their credit card might have been used without their permission' - Seriously? If someone used my credit card without my permision, I'd go to the police. All chargebacks under unauthorized payments should have police involved, as it's identity theft. You really wouldn't issue a chargeback and leave the cops out of it unless you were looking to gain something from it.

If an item hasn't been recieved, there's Paypal AND Ebay's very own dispute centers for that stuff. I think that making a chargeback without valid reasons or documents should have pitfalls, but for the buyer there usually is no pitfall other than having to return the item OR to cancel the chargeback and apologise because they get away with it. The seller can potentially lose both the item they sent AND the money it's worth.

Edit2: And I realize the original topic is over a year old. The fact that this issue hasn't been sorted yet and the same problems keep coming up shows how full of holes the so-called 'system' is, and it shows where Paypal and the banks piorities lie.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.