Returning an item not as described

cooperdooper
New Community Member

I purchased an ipod that was listed as a different generation. I have already told the seller that I would like to return it. He does accept returns. So, do I have to pay the return shipping? Does my refund include the cost of the shipping to me originally? Do I send the item back before I get the refund?

Help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

cooperdooper
New Community Member

Also do I work with just the seller first, or do I involve paypal from the beginnning? What are the correct steps?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

cooperdooper wrote:

Also do I work with just the seller first, or do I involve paypal from the beginnning? What are the correct steps?

It's generally recommended that you try to work with the seller first. If that doesn't work, open a PayPal dispute, escalate to a claim and wait for PayPal to review the case.

Be sure to get online viewable proof of delivery for your return shipment. USPS Delivery Confirmation is sufficient... get Signature Confirmation if the payment amount is $250.00 or greater.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

cooperdooper wrote:

So, do I have to pay the return shipping?

Yes... you will need to pay returning. Some sellers will reimburse for return shipping... ask the seller.

cooperdooper wrote:

Does my refund include the cost of the shipping to me originally?

Yes... the seller should refund the entire original payment including the original shipping.

cooperdooper wrote:

Do I send the item back before I get the refund?

Yes... it's customary for the buyer to first return the item.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.