Resolution Centre - asked to send item back to a different country in order to receive refund.

AlanJustice
New Community Member
I recently made a claim in the resolution centre. This claim was accepted and I was asked to return the item to receive a full refund. The problem is that the return address supplied was in Hong Kong. I purchased the item from the UK and it was sent from the UK. Why do I have to return it to Hong Kong. This looks like a deliberate act by the seller to avoid the item being returned. By the time I have paid postage and import duty most, if not all, of my refund will have gone. I have tried to contact PayPal to raise this with them but there is no way to get in touch with them. I have tried both the website and phone. If anyone can offer any assistance with this I'd be really grateful.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlanJustice

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Have you activated this  >>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tabb67
New Community Member
This same thing has now happened to me, I bought an item from the UK, have been granted a full refund, but have been asked to send back to China. Surely thus isn't right? Did you ever get it sorted?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.