Refund - or rather, lack of refund.

Beanniebale
Contributor
Contributor

I'm hoping someone can help - I'll keep it as succinct as possible.

On the 18th May I purchased a laptop, stated as being in working order.  On receipt, it wasn't - the motherboard was shot, the graphics card was broken, the memory was faulty.  Started a return, which has been delayed on more than one occasion.  Seller had til yesterday to send refund - this morning the sum of 157.50 was 'pending' in my PayPal statement - three hours later it's showing as cancelled.  Can someone please advise what I should do now?  It's been a month, and it's a considerable sum to not get back.

Thanks all.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jason-C
Contributor
Contributor

@Beanniebale

@Beanniebale wrote:

I'm hoping someone can help - I'll keep it as succinct as possible.

On the 18th May I purchased a laptop, stated as being in working order.  On receipt, it wasn't - the motherboard was shot, the graphics card was broken, the memory was faulty.  Started a return, which has been delayed on more than one occasion.  Seller had til yesterday to send refund - this morning the sum of 157.50 was 'pending' in my PayPal statement - three hours later it's showing as cancelled.  Can someone please advise what I should do now?  It's been a month, and it's a considerable sum to not get back.

Thanks all.

Hi there,

It does sound like the seller is not being helpful in the resolution of your issue. If the seller has refused your return request and there are evidential grounds to dispute the item's condition, please click here to visit the Resolution Center on PayPal.

Once you've visited the Resolution Center, proceed to open a case that best describes the issue you're facing. For example, if the item was described as new but turned out to be used / faulty, you'd select 'Item Not Described' as the dispute reason.

If the seller continues not to co-operate with you, PayPal may decide to reimburse you on behalf of the seller. As your item is quite expensive, they may require proof to support your claim - or request you to file a report with Action Fraud UK. It is however, determined on a case by case basis.

Good luck with your dispute and hopefully both you and the seller can settle the matter mutually.

Best Wishes,

Jason C

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.