Refund Postage Dispute

leec110
Contributor
Contributor

I have an unusual problem in that I ordered parts from a UK company but was then invoiced from a French company who then sent out the wrong part.

In order to get a refund they require me to send back the incorrect part. As the part that was sent had free P&P I am expected to pay for the return at a cost of £15.18

This has resulted in a paypal dispute as the company is refusing a refund until they get the item returned.

Having paid out to return the item that I hadn't ordered I found that Royal Mail had sent to the USA and after 3 weeks the company finally get the returned part.

My problem now is that I'm only getting a refund for the part itself and not for the postage that I was forced to pay.

Any ideas on how to recover postage?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leec110

Did you not activate this   >>>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leec110

Did you not activate this   >>>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

leec110
Contributor
Contributor

I had no idea that this existed.

I have now activated so I wont be caught out again.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Chantelle123
Contributor
Contributor

This is really helpful as I am disputing having to pay return postage costs (I already paid the original postage) for items that were mis-sold.  Paypal agreed to my refund of original payment, and told me I would have to return at my expense and to insure the items (which is extra cost, especially for overseas)but that was it.   I already knew I was entitled to a refund as the seller agreed immediately and I informed Paypal of this in my dispute email; the dispute was over my return costs.  Paypal, have so far chosen NOT to highlight this very valuable service that stops the customer losing out financially.  I have now activated this service and will now see what I need to do next to get ALL money money back.

Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.